Sep 16, 2012

MEMORIES OF NIGERIAN EDUCATION

WHICH PRIMARY SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND?

HOW MANY OF THESE MEMORIES CAN U REMEMBER?

First look at the exercise book, did you use it?

You must be able to recite/sing at least 10 of the under listed BY HEART:

1.
Some have food but cannot eat,
some can eat but have no food.
We have food and we can eat.
Glory be to thee o Lord. Amen.

2.
The day is bright is bright and fair
oh happy day, the day of joy
The day is bright is bright and fair
oh happy day, the day of joy
mama jollof rice!

3.
Oh my home o my home
when shall I see my home
wen shall I see my native land
I will never forget my home!

4.
Holiday is coming [2x]
no more warning bells
no more teachers cane.
goodbye teachers, goodbye scholars
I’m going 2 spend
a jolly holiday [2x]

Click on 'Read more' to see more



5.
h-i-p- for d hip
p-o-p-o for d hipopo
and t-a-m-u-s for the hippopotamus
hippopotamus!

6.
Parents listen to your children
we are the leaders of tomorrow
try and pay our school fees
and give us good education

7.
I am a little sailor boy that comes from the sea
that comes from the sea just to marry you
Oh will u marry marry marry
will you marry me?

8.
8 o’clock is d time for school, don't be late in d morning.
8 o’clock is for boys and girls, come to school in za mornin.

9.
Morning has broken, like the 1st morning, blackbirds have spoken, like the 1st word
Praise for the singing. Praise for the morning, Praise for the evening, Fresh from the world.

10.
Now the day is over, night is drawing nigh, shadows of the evening, still across the skies
Glory to the father, Glory to the son, And to thee blessed spirit, Whilst all ages run, Amen!

11.
Rain rain go away
come again another day
Little children want to play

12.
Tisha jowo, mo fe jegba temi
nami lowo, mashe nami nidi, tidimi babe,
mape baba mi wa, baba mi, a ba e ja.

13.
All things bright and beautiful, all creature great and small
all things bright and wonderful,
the lord god made them all.
He gave us eyes to see them
And lips that we might tell
He gave us “something” colors
And made the mighty se E E E

14.
Bojuboju o oh! Oloro m’bo! e para mo o oh!
Se kin se, Shee!! she she she she Shee!!
E pere Mi Heey! Eni toloro ba mu , a paaa je (A paa jee!!)

15.
Jack and Jill went up to a hill,
To fetch a pail of water
jack fell down and broke his Leg,
And jill came tum b ling after(wonder what they really went to do up that hill)

16.
My mother, who sat and watched my infant head
when sleeping on my cradle bed, and tears affectionately shed,
My Mother
When pain and sickness makes me cry, you gaze upon my heavy eye and pray to God that I shouldn’t die,
My Mother,

17.
Row Row Row your Boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Life is but a dream.

18.
Old Rodger is dead and gone to his grave, hmm!!, haa!!, gone to his grave
He planted an apple tree over his head, hmm!!, haa!!, over his head
The apple grew ripe and ready to drop, hmm!!, haa!!, ready to drop
There came an old woman to pick them all up, hmm!!, haa!!, pick them all up
Old Rodger got up and gave her a knock, hmm!!, haa!!, gave her a knock
(can't remember the rest)

19.
Papa mama school no dey,
Wetin happen?
Our teacher dey smoke gari for school
Which kind gari?
Ijebu gary
, cele wata,
calabar groundnut
ondo sugar

20.
RIVERS IN AFRICA ARE
RIVERS IN AFRICA ARE
NILE , NIGER,
BENUE , CONGO
ORANGE , LIMPONPO
ZABENZI

21.
Wherever you go (go go go n go)
Wherever you see (sisi eko)
Do not say yes, when you mean to say no(Baba Ibadan)

22.
Sanda lily, sanda lily3x
Sanda lily, sanda li
(Which is the way many of us were taught)

23.
I am a teacher (lawyer, doctor etc) in my country
Every body knows me well
If you look me up and down you will see that its true!

HOW MANY CAN YOU REMEMBER?

4 comments:

  1. This is the highest some one can remember ,you tried a lot ,we play table soccer on our desk with botton and birocover and build players with crown cover of minerals and sadine as goalkeeper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember 22 out of 23. Pls remove this verify thingy (prove u r not a robot) it stops pple from leaving comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. u and ur blog ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete